15.3.11

IF WE COULD CHANGE THE WAY WE THINK



"Don’t focus on how you rank in comparison to others — life is not a competition. It’s a journey. We are all on a journey, to find something, to become something, to learn, to create. That journey has nothing to do with how well other people are doing, or what they have. It has everything to do with what we want to do, and where we want to go. That’s all you need to worry about."


Something wise a friend forwarded me recently. Self-help usually don't sit that well with me but I did like some of the things he said.

On the other hand, echoing Brian in his post here, I'm finding it very hard to settle down. I keep starting something and stopping halfway, nothing feels quite right. I talk to my friends in Japan, they're feeling the anxiety on the ground. Praying for things to turn out well.

5 comments:

  1. That's so human isn't it :) Good advice though.

    Stlll praying too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeap my friend must have been so tired of me whining about things haha and she sent me that. Thanks Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Japan is always in my thoughts...
    very wise words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful words and photos. My thoughts are with Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Elisabelle & Alexandria: I guess things are far from over in Japan but we're praying that it will get better and better, thanks!

    ReplyDelete