21.12.14

WANDERING AROUND WHAT I THINK IS NORREBRO

It's terrible, but this is what happens when you have no sense of direction.

I wanted to check out Nørrebro and I think we were indeed somewhere in the vicinity, but we wandered so far and wide that in the end I had no idea where we were at all.

But I guess it was no matter, because we had a great time.

A gem of a shop we stumbled upon.

Lots of beautiful mid-nineteenth century pieces. The friendly owner restores them all himself and was happy to explain about the where-and-when of each piece in the shop.

It was so nice to chat with him about furniture, the collecting and designing and making of them.

And all the while I was thinking, my dad (who's a carpenter) would have had lots to talk to him about.






We were drawn to this beautiful patch of green, only to find that it was the Assistens Cemetery, where the famous Hans Christian Andersen was buried. I conclude there are some perks to not knowing where you're going.



Vintage shops, interior shops, zakka shops. I love the little streets of Copenhagen.

2 comments:

  1. Not knowing where you are is the best kind of holiday :) lovely place! Merry Christmas Shirley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Karen, thanks for always 'getting it'. I wish you and your family a blessed year ahead!

    ReplyDelete